Participation (including attendance): 10%
Vocabulary Lists (5th-8th grades only): 5%
Vocabulary Quizzes (5th-8th grades only): 20%
Benchmark Progress (in Rosetta Stone): 30% - factored into their grade before each progress report
Rosetta Stone Grade (average % success achieved on all lessons): 20%
Group Activities: 10%
Journal Activities: 5%
Benchmark Progress Configuration:
(% goal goes up every 6 school days)
By January 25th: 3rd-4th graders should be at 21.2% progress (40% by end of year)
5th-6th graders should be at 29.7% progress (60% by end of year)
7th-8th graders should be at 42.3% progress (80% by end of year)
The Benchmark Progress grade, as seen on their report card, is figured by dividing the % goal (above) INTO the student's current % progress.
How to find out your student's % progress: 1) Log on to their Rosetta Stone program-details on the "Helps" page
2) Click "My Reports" (under "Launch Rosetta Stone Foundations")
3) Enter "from" date of August 10, 2017; click "OK" at the bottom of the calendar (the "to" date will be today)
4) Click "Create PDF"
5) Click on "Learner Progress" PDF File to open (usually at bottom of screen)
6) Note: If your student has worked in more than one level during the above time frame, a separate PDF will need to be created for each level & the progress % added together for their total
- An overview of the Rosetta Stone program can be found on the "About" page (seen at the top).
- Work progressively through each unit, rather than skipping around and doing all the favorite activities first.
- If a certain activity is causing great frustration, skipping forward to the next activity, and then coming back to this one later, is fine.
- If a satisfactory grade is not achieved on an activity, DON'T click "Repeat" or "Restart" as this will erase ALL work done on that activity. Click "Home," then click back on that activity box, and then click "Continue current progress". This allows work to be done on individual lessons within that activity, without repeating the entire thing.
- NOTE: "Reviews" and "Milestones" are pass/fail only. "Continue" is not available on these 2 types of activities. (A "Review" is like a quiz; a "Milestone" is like a unit test).