Note: Students had until Thursday night, Feb. 7th, to reach this progress %, in order to receive an A+ for their P3 Benchmark Progress grade - this is NOT their entire Foreign Language grade - see "Grading Scale" below (progress reports went out Feb. 13th):
3rd-4th grades: 19.5% (27 boxes from where they started this year)
5th - 6th grades: 31.5% (44 boxes from where they started this year)
7th - 8th grades: 40% (56 boxes from where they started this year)
Scroll down for weekly benchmark goals . . .
Participation (including attendance): 10%
Vocabulary Tests (5th-8th grades only): 25%
Benchmark Progress (in Rosetta Stone®): 30% - factored into their grade only before each progress report/report card - This is a cumulative grade throughout the year, so staying within "striking distance" of the weekly goal, is very important!
Rosetta Stone Grade (average % success achieved on all lessons/taken before each progress report): 20%
Group Activities: 10%
Journal Activities: 5%
Benchmark Progress Configuration:
(% goal goes up every 6 school days)
(one checked Activity Box = approximately .72% progress)
***Always work in order, as much as possible (don't skip around to "fun" boxes!)***
By Feb. 21st: 3rd-4th graders should be at 22.1% progress (aim for 2 Activity Boxes/week) (30% [42 boxes] by end of year)
5th-6th graders should be at 35.7% progress (aim for 3 Activity Boxes/week) (45% [63 boxes] by end of year)
7th-8th graders should be at 45% progress (aim for 4 Activity Boxes/week) (60% [84 boxes] by end of year)
Their Benchmark Progress grade for my class, is figured by dividing the goal (above) INTO the their current % progress (the blue bar - as seen on their Rosetta. PDF report)
**Note: An activity box MUST have a green check mark in the upper right corner, to count toward progress**
How to find out your student's % progress:1)Log on to their Rosetta Stone® program-details on the "Helps" page
2) Click "My Reports"
3) Enter "from" date of August 9, 2018; (click "OK" at the bottom of the calendar, if using that mode); the "to" date will be today
4) Click "Create PDF"
5) Click on "Learner Progress" PDF File to open (usually at bottom of screen)
6) Their Benchmark Progress % is the blue bar at the top.
Their Rosetta Stone® Success Rate is the green bar at the top.
7) Note: If your student has worked in more than one level (every 4 units = 1 level) during the above time frame, a separate PDF will need to be created for each level & the progress % added together for their total
Suggestions to Help Make the Best Progress:
- An overview of the Rosetta Stone® program can be found on the "About" page (seen at the top).
- Each row of activity blocks (there are 11 blocks in each row), is worth 8% progress. One completed (with a green check mark) activity box is worth approximately .72%.
- Work progressively through each unit, rather than skipping around and doing all the favorite activities first.
- If a certain activity is causing great frustration, skipping forward to the next activity, and then coming back to this one later, is fine.
- If a satisfactory grade is not achieved on an activity, DON'T click "Repeat" or "Restart" as this will erase ALL work done on that activity. Click "Home," then click back on that activity box, and then click "Continue current progress". This allows work to be done on individual lessons (bubbles) within that activity, without repeating the entire thing.
- NOTE: "Reviews" and "Milestones" are pass/fail only. "Continue" is not available on these 2 types of activities. If a Review or Milestone is not passed with a high enough grade, it must be repeated in its entirety. (A "Review" is a quiz; a "Milestone" is a unit test).